A. Defined terms:
B. What Personal Information About Users Does VIPFavours Gather?
The information we obtain from users helps us personalize and continually improve your experience using this VIPFavours’ Site. Here are the types of information we gather:
- a. Information You Give Us: We may receive and store any information you voluntarily provide on our Site or give us in any other way. You provide most such information when you register; provide account details; participate in a contest or questionnaire; interact with a Provider posting on our Site; or communicate with customer service. You can choose not to provide certain information - however, you might not be able to take advantage of certain features of our Site. We use the information you provide for such purposes as customizing your experience, improving our Site, communicating with you, ensuring that Provider advertising you create or User product purchases that you make are handled properly, and preventing counterfeiting. If at any time, you decide you do not wish to receive communications from us or you no longer wish to receive our services, you may advise us by providing written notice to the Privacy Officer at [email protected].
C. Does VIPFavours Share the Information It Receives?
- a. Except with your consent and as set out below, we will not sell, license, trade or rent your personal information to or with others.
- b. We may disclose or share non-personally identifiable information with Providers, partners, advertisers, merchants and/or prospective merchants to help explain our business and the effectiveness of our business or for promotional purposes. For example, we may disclose aggregated demographic information, which does not include any personally identifiable information.
- d. VIPFavours reserves the right to disclose personal information to a third party if a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order legally requires or authorizes us to do so.
- e. VIPFavours also reserve the right to disclose and/or transfer personal information to a third party in the event of a proposed or actual purchase, sale (including a liquidation, realization, foreclosure or repossession), lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance or financing of all or any portion of Blue Horse Media KFT. or of any of the business or assets or shares of Blue Horse Media KFT. or its division VIPFavours.
D. How Secure Is Information About Me?
- a. We protect the security of your sensitive information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you enter on certain pages of the Site that handle sensitive information.
- b. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and your computer. It is recommended that you do not share your password(s) with anyone and are sure to sign off when you have finished using a shared computer.
E. Which Information Can I Access?
- a. The Canadian government has enacted the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, generally known as PIPEDA. That Act outlines the way personal information may be used in Canada, and we fully adhere to it. That Act defines personal information as anything that identifies an individual, such as, for example, their name, telephone number, age, home address, email address, gender.
- b. You have the right to ensure that any information VIPFavours maintains is correct and complete. If you request access to your personal information, subject to certain exceptions, VIPFavours will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and will provide you with a summary of that information. If we are not able to disclose all the personal information we hold on you, we will give you a reason for our inability to do so, unless prohibited by law.
- c. To make a request, please send written notice to the Privacy Officer at [email protected]. Please include the following information in your request: Name, contact details, the nature of your request, including whether you wish to view and/or edit information or inquire regarding the use and/or disclosure. We will require acceptable proof of your identification before providing a response.
F. Are Children Allowed to Use this VIPFavours Site?
- a. If you are a child, under the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence or a minor under the age of 18 in Canada, you are not entitled in law to be on this Site so do not send any personal information to us, or anyone else. We encourage parents to get involved with their children’s online usage and to be aware of the activities in which they are participating.
- b. We will never knowingly collect the personal information of minors.
G. Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
PLEASE NOTE: Neither VIPFavours nor Blue Horse Media KFT. is affiliated with any Provider, whether person advertised on this Site or any third party corporation advertising on behalf of any person posted on this Site. Each Provider website is governed by its own terms and conditions and you must contact the Provider if you have any questions or concerns.
This Privacy Code was last revised on May 31, 2017.